MURS = Sellout?

Category: , By Baysic
MURS- Dreadlocks
http://www.zshare.net/audio/3006340e1b6fbe/

This is the same MURS that made the "Murray's Revenge" and "Murs 3:16: The 9th Edition" albums with 9th Wonder... the one on Def Jux that always provided us with humorous storytelling and fine lyrics. I was hyped up for his "Murs For President" album but after hearing this single... I really don't know if it'll be any good..

MURS= Making Underground Raw Shit

The track sounds like some hyphy shit, and I guess you can put it in that genre because its produced by Rick Rock (NorCal producer, produces a lot of hyphy beats but also for a ton of West Coast and known artists ranging from Xzibit to Jay-Z). I have no idea what MURS is doing on this type of track... maybe he's just playing around... who knows.

Am I the only feelin like this?

As for MURS being a sellout, I'll have to hear another track...

And if you're wondering why the track's called "Dreadlocks",


OR maybe this track is to appeal to more audience, to expand his fanbase... like a hook to attract people so he can appeal to the 'hood. I've had some discussion on this, and someone said that Murs supposedly said that performing for a bunch of white college students was like preaching Christianity to a bunch of Muslims. Maybe this single will actually draw more attention.
 

1 comment so far.

  1. Unknown November 19, 2008 at 11:10 PM
    NO. I am white college kid. I know what hip hop is and I just saw murs with kidz in the hall tonight and that was not hip hop. Murs sold out hard. He referred to def jux as a small indie label in a derogatory way. Without def jux and rhyme sayers nobody would know who the fuck he is. Murs was good before murs for president, but anyone who likes his underground shit knows his new music sucks my balls. Fuck you murs you sell out.

Something to say?


ARCHIVES