Edo G & Pete Rock- My Own Worst Enemy (2004)

By Baysic
I started listening to this album again after I heard that Edo G (Ed O.G.) is teaming up with Masta Ace, one of my favorite rappers of all time, to release an album. They have collaborated already on a track titled "Wishing" on this album, which is why I'm making a post on it. "Wishing" is one of my favorite tracks of all time, everything is nice about it- the three verses and the beat, all amazing.
If you've never heard of Edo G, he's from Boston and he's been in the rap game since '91. You should definetly check out his earlier work, and he's, in my opinion, the best from Boston. Also check out his group's, Special Teamz, album that dropped a week ago. It's pretty good from what I've heard and I'll probably post about it some time.
Most tracks are produced by Pete Rock and although it's short (10 tracks), the whole album has no skippable tracks and it's definetly a gem. Edo G displays his veteran mic skills and it flows well over the Chocolate Boy Wonder's beats. Features include Masta Ace, Diamond D, Jaysaun, and Krumb Snatcha. Pete Rock raps on one of the tracks as well.

1. Boston
2. Just Call My Name feat. Jaysaun
3. Voices
4. School'em
5. Streets Is Callin' feat. Diamond D, Jaysaun
6. Pay The Price feat. Jaysaun
7. Wishing feat. Masta Ace
8. Right Now! feat. Pete Rock
9. Stop Dat feat. Krumb Snatcha, Jaysaun
10. Revolution

DOWNLOAD
 

0 comments so far.

Something to say?


ARCHIVES